Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

Criminal tresspassing & resisting arrest charge

My son girlfriend called police & was arrested for criminal trespassing and resisting arrest. This is his first time getting in trouble. The girlfriend would nt sign arrest warrant. He went to court, and enter a plea of nt guilty. He did nt consult a lawyer. The judge found him guilty of both charges. What can he do now? He was find $650 plus court cost. Is this fair. We were told by the deputy court clerk that because this was his first offense, the criminal trespass would probably be drop. Is this fair? Do you think he should appeal? Pls advise. Thank YOu!

Asked on 1/25/00, 11:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Fricks Law Offices of Richard Fricks
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Criminal tresspassing & resisting arrest charge

This is not a full response to your question, but I wanted to point out the imperative of properly filing your appeal within 14 days of the district court or municipal court conviction. The right to a jury trial in circuit court depends upon such proper filing.


Richard L. Fricks

Read more
Answered on 1/27/00, 2:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now