Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

In my divorce I was awarded 50/50 custody of my son, I pay $50 a week in support that I offered. I also keep insurance on my son. My x wife was locked up for 6 months in 2011 in which I had him those six months. I would like to know if I'm entitled to any support for those 6 months?

Asked on 1/12/12, 4:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Not unless you had filed to amend the terms during that time, then it could be retroactive. Now the question is, why don't you try to get full custody. Is there a background on you that might prevent you from having the child full time and her pay child support to you under stant situation?

Read more
Answered on 1/16/12, 6:23 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now