Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/12/11, 12:28 pm

A man, other than my husband, who lives in a different state wants a DNA test for my son. Can I be forced to have my son take the DNA test?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/12/11, 12:34 pm by William Pfeifer

No, not if your son was born during your marriage to your husband. Your husband is legally presumed to be the father of the child, and the only man who can challenge your son's paternity in court is your husband. If the other man files anything with a court asking for a DNA test, you need to hire an attorney to immediately file a motion to dismiss the request.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Pfeifer LLC One Perimeter Park South, Suite 100N Birmingham, AL 35243

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search