Alabama  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/16/11, 5:51 pm

I am the owner of a small business and I am seperated from my husband. While I was visiting my family for the holidays my husband attemped to take over my business. The business is in my name but the lease to the office I use is in my husbands name. My husband is refusing to allow me acess to all my files and documents from the business. I cannot operate my business without these files and documents. The local police say that this is a civil matter and that I must have a court order to retrieve the documents and files. What kind of motion do I need to have drafted up to request a judge to order the local police to assist me in collecting my business files and documents and ordering my husband to release them to me?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search