Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

how do I resolve a failure to appear without going to jail?

Asked on 12/09/11, 6:32 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Leon Storie Leon Storie, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I sort of depends on how serious the offense was and who the judge is. You can try to get an attorney to have the writ recalled without your appearance, but in my experience, the judge will want to put eyes on you and get an explanation for why you didn't appear. If it's nothing too serious, you can usually appear with an attorney and get it resolved pretty easily. You should contact an attorney and they can make some calls and give you an idea of what can be done.

Read more
Answered on 12/09/11, 6:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now