Legal Question in Disability Law in Alabama

i had a son born 11\1\2010 out of wedlock.the father left shortly after i found out i was pregnant.i gave my baby my last name at birth and didnt list him as father.i recently got married and i want to change his last name to mine now.what do i do or where do i start

Asked on 1/26/11, 12:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You would have to start with an adoption in probate court. There you would have to let the father know of the intent to have the baby adopted and give him an opportunity to object. He would have to prove paternity. As I am talking about an adoption, you really would need an attorney because of the complexity required to make it clean. Please contact me if I may assist you.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/11, 2:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now