Legal Question in Administrative Law in Alabama

Can a local school board change the name of a school?

Asked on 10/07/13, 9:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Under Alabama Code 16-8-12 or 16-11-11, the local Board has complete power over their real property. Each County or City may have adopted specific rules regarding the procedures required to rename their schools. Those rules must have been adopted in a Publicly Announced Meeting where the concurrence of the majority of the whole board voted to adopt. If your location has adopted such procedures you can contact the County or City Superintendent's office to find out the procedure. Most likely the procedures would require consideration of the name change during a publicly announced Board Meeting and a concurrence of the majority of the whole board voting yes.

Read more
Answered on 10/09/13, 8:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Administrative Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Administrative Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now