Alabama  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/16/11, 10:22 pm

my seventeen year old son is mental ill- he has attempted suicide numereous times and has attacked his father . He has made threats to kill me (in a dr offfice) he has been in and out of various mental hospitals for the last year- we thought we had everything under control by allowing him to stay with a friend but now he has beaten up on them and threaten to "filet husband and our daughters" and eat us - he can no longer stay with them - he is currently on probation for a domestic violance - he will be 18 in feb- here is the problem--since he is only 17 we can not sign him into a mental hospital without his consent- his insurance is dead and we cant get him commited without paying a lawyer(we dont have the money) and we cant kick him out of the house- is there anything we can do to protect our other children and our selves?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search