Alabama  |  Consumer Law

Alarm monitoring contract autorenewal

In Dec. 1999 I signed a contract for alarm monitoring service. In June of 2000 we moved. I contacted the installer and asked if they would install a system in the new house, they said yes. I was tied in contractual

for 3 years monitoring. The installer never showed so I decided to pay out the remainder of the contract. There were some mergers of some type and I did not receive credit for all of my payments. I contacted the company and sent them a copy of all the payments I had sent (not check copies). They matched the payments and then asked for copies of two checks which I sent. We also sent via return receipt a letter requesting a cancellation of the contract since we have not used or needed the service since June 2000. They have renewed the contract and have yet gotten the billing correct. This company is located in Albany, New York. What is my next step?