Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

Im in Alabama. I am a wrongfully convicted sex offender. Have written proof that clears my name.. Both of my public defenders, (who are friends) did not to right by me. I want to sue to state to make them hear my case because I am out of time for an appeal.

Asked on 10/13/09, 3:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are not guilty and have proof, then you can file for a pardon by the judge and the governor. It is not a matter of suing the state, but trying to clear your name. You can go to the DA or other resources. If you are interested in obtaining an attorney to assist you, I will be happy to discuss this with you. You can reach me through my email or telephone at my web site.

Read more
Answered on 10/18/09, 9:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now