Legal Question in Criminal Law in Alabama

I recently went to court in Chilton County,AL on a domestic violence charge where my brother had called 911 on me to get EMS to come check out me mentally and I ended getting arrested. The state subpeaoned my wife to court and she didn't call 911 and in court she told them I wasn't threatening or trying to harm anyone. My brother was worried about me hurting myself. The Deputy lied under oath first off. Also I asked for a court appointed attorney and the Judge and DA said I didn't need an attorney. Now I am having to go to anger management classes,drug test and monthly monitoring. I am on disability and only $1090.00 a month and struggle month to month trying to raise a 5 year old and an 8 month old. I can't afford to be paying the courts almost $1500.00 in the next couple of months. Is there anything I can do to get this thrown out of court since I wasn't given a lawyer and was falsely arrested and the deputy lied under oath.

Mari Morrison Mari Morrison, P.C.

You should be able to file an appeal which would cause it to go to circuit court where you would have a jury. and yes you should have been given an attorney because you could possibly spend time in jail. Your wife did not have to testify because of the spousal immunity provision.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Alabama