Alabama  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/06/11, 5:15 pm

I recently went to court in Chilton County,AL on a domestic violence charge where my brother had called 911 on me to get EMS to come check out me mentally and I ended getting arrested. The state subpeaoned my wife to court and she didn't call 911 and in court she told them I wasn't threatening or trying to harm anyone. My brother was worried about me hurting myself. The Deputy lied under oath first off. Also I asked for a court appointed attorney and the Judge and DA said I didn't need an attorney. Now I am having to go to anger management classes,drug test and monthly monitoring. I am on disability and only $1090.00 a month and struggle month to month trying to raise a 5 year old and an 8 month old. I can't afford to be paying the courts almost $1500.00 in the next couple of months. Is there anything I can do to get this thrown out of court since I wasn't given a lawyer and was falsely arrested and the deputy lied under oath.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search