Alabama  |  Family Law

Change of Venue

The following question is regarding my Sister's need to change the venue of a Divorce proceeding filed by her Husband in Alabama. Neither of them now reside in Alabama, but the deceision has been made in an AL court to proceed in that state. For future reference during this question I will refer to my Sister as ''her or she'' and my sisters' Husband as ''him or he'' and both of them as ''they or them'', California will be ''CA'' the state of Alabama will be ''AL''.

''They'' originally moved from the state of ''CA'' to the state of ''AL'' and purchased a home. ''He'' told her that ''they'' would be living in ''AL'' for about six months due to ''his'' job (as a contract engineer)only lasting for that amount of time. After buying a home, and ''his'' job there done,''he'' flew back to ''CA'' and abruptly cut ''her'' off from all forms of communicating with ''him'', including e-mail with exception of an e-mail ''he'' sent to ''her'', telling ''her'' to sell the house because, in ''his'' words he was going to''leave her where he found her'', and ''he'' cut her off of ''his'' credit card leaving ''her'' with only the small amount of money ''she'' had in a savings account. Also,''he'' was supposed to be. I cannot ask this question inthe amount of charecters allowed. What should I do?