Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/24/04, 3:28 pm


My children & i moved to GA last july. My son was not happy here in GA & failing school. I conscented to let him go live with his father in AL for the rest of the school year on 1/29/04. His father agreed that if he wanted to come home he could at the end of the yr. He is backing out on his agreement. There are not any signed papers, the original decree has not been altered. We have joint custody with me be the custodial parent with final say. Can I just keep him here when he comes to visit with me this summer and not send him back with out being charged with kidnapping? His father also owes around 5K in back child support.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search