Legal Question in Family Law in Alabama

My daughter owes me several thousand dollars in past due child support for her daughter, whom I've had custody of since 2009. I've been trying to get the exact amount that she's past due so that I can consider if it's feasible to hire an attorney to collect. My local worker will not return my calls. The state (AL) tells me that they don't have the info - only my worker does. What options do I have?

Asked on 5/30/13, 10:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jennifer Tompkins Stewart Littell Courson and Tompkins LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

call the child support payment center and get a print out of the payments made. then calculate it. Or call and ask for supervisor to get you print out.

Read more
Answered on 5/30/13, 11:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Alabama

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now