Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/13/13, 7:10 am

My daughter will be 19 in April. We live in Alabama. I would like for her child support to continue while she is in college. Is there a way to do this without taking her father back to court? She is currently attending college in another state.

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/13/13, 9:15 am by C. Terry Gregg, Jr.

You need to file for post-minority support BEFORE her 19th birthday to insure your best chance of success. I would seek an attorney no later than March.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Terry Gregg, LLC PO Box 2924 Tuscaloosa, AL 35403

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search