Alabama  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/25/11, 2:56 pm

My husband and I have been separated for a year. In that time we have started new relationships but due to money issues have not filed for divorce. The man I'm dating has asked me to marry him and I have accepted. I know there is a 60 day waiting period for a court date after filing but my problem is this. My future husband is in the army and will be deployed to a war zone August 21st. We want to get married before he leaves. Is there any way to wave the waiting period for the divorce?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search