Alabama  |  Family Law

How do I remove father's name from birth certificate (in state of AL)?

I have a child that is 6 mos old now, and I had her out of wedlock. Her biological father was not in the picture at all. I told him about the pregnancy and he played like he was excited and later on called me a liar. Later to find out that he got his previous "babymama" pregnant again around the same time I got pregnant. I tried to reach out to let him know that he does have a daughter and left the situation alone. Later on I got into a relationship with someone before my baby was born. We had intentions on getting married but later found out that it wasn't meant to be. After my baby was born I had him sign the birth certificate since we were planning to get married. Now his family and I had a disagreement and I'm scared he and his mom will try to take her away from me. How I have no problem with him coming over to see her, I even told him that he could visit all day at my place, and even until midnight if he wanted, but my baby cannot leave with him or have overnight stays at him and his moms place. If he wants to go somewhere with her I would really feel comfortable to be around. How could I go about getting his name off the birth certificate?