Alabama  |  Immigration Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/03/13, 3:10 am

I live in Philippines,. my parents are both retired US citizen & I was petitioned in 1998 with an F1 category which is unmarried sons & daughters of US citizen. I got married in 2000 but never changed my status since then. My priority date for my petition is already active last March 2013 and we were only waiting for the NVC to send us letter to start to prepare our documents. Shall i continue to use the F1 category even if im already married or what shall we do. Please help & give us advise. Thanks :_-)

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/03/13, 5:53 am by Marlene Hemmings

You are no longer eligible for the F-1 category & if you apply as such, your case will be denied. You need to notify the NVC of your marriage & you will be converted to a different category (F3).

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search