Alabama  |  Legal Ethics

Hi I'm Rick and need advice on what I can do since Usda did not follow policy about a complaint

Answered on: 10/09/13, 8:07 am by Jason Medlin

Your question is really an Administrative Law question. If you retain an attorney look for one that specializes in that area.

During the government shutdown it is possible that the USDA does not have the funding to properly follow up on your complaint. They likely also have procedures you may follow to escalate complaints or report unethical conduct of their employees under certain circumstances - once their website is operational again you should start there. Without knowing more details surrounding the situation it is impossible to know how to proceed.

Otherwise, one of the best checks on any government agency is to look to the media. Reach out to your local investigative reporters and tell them your story. You can also write letters to your Congressman, i.e. "The squeaky hinge gets the oil".

NA 18730 Nautical Dr. Unit 101 Cornelius, NC 28031