Alabama  |  Social Security Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/08/09, 4:16 pm

I was married 38 years .Divorced and remarried at 68 in 2005. I was found disabled in 2003. My x husband died in 2008

Can I draw on my x husband now?

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/13/09, 8:12 pm by Steven Harris

You may be able to draw what are called survivors benefits. However you should call your

social security office in your county or go online at and find out how you should

apply. It is going to be a bit of paperwork to fill out. If you would like an attorney to

help you might have to pay a small consultation fee but I or another attorney might be able

to help you apply. I hope that this answer was helpful.

Steven A Harris

Attorney at Law

205 814 1970

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Harris Firm LLC 4000 Eagle Point Corporate Drive Birmingham, AL 35242

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search