Arizona  |  Personal Injury

Liability of friend for Injuries while working on her vehicle

I was working on friends vehicle when it caught fire. Allstate said not liable for my injuries. 19% body burned, 11 days in burn unit. help please

Answered on: 2/07/03, 1:20 pm by Keith Knochel

Re: Liability of friend for Injuries while working on her vehicle

I am sorry for your loss and the heavy handed approach the insurance company is taking. We would be pleased to help you resolve this situation. In order to effectively serve you, we will need additional information about possible insurance coverage. In addition to possible liability under the automotive insurance policy, there could be liability under your friend's homeowner's insurance policy, or a possible umbrella policy, which generally covers accidents such as this.

Please call the following toll free number (1-800-677-1010) for a free consultation to discuss your case. You can come to the office, we may speak by telephone, or make other arrangements. I have personal appointments available throughout Northern Arizona. I handle a variety of personal injury cases, and am licensed in Arizona, Nevada and California to practice law.

I look forward to the opportunity to assist you in reaching the best possible resolution of your case under these difficult circumstances.

Sincerely,

Keith Knochel Esq.

Law Offices of Keith S. Knochel PC

1104 Highway 95

Bullhead City, Az. 86429

(928) 754-3322

1-800-677-1010

Fax (928) 754-2625

Cell (928) 542-9088

Home (928) 758-1013

www.lawyersinarizona.com

law@lawyersinarizona.com

Law Offices of Keith Knochel 1104 Highway 95 Bullhead City, AZ 86429

Answered on: 2/06/03, 11:49 am by Charles Aspinwall

Consult a personal injury attorney in your town at once. Allstate will never treat you properly. Initial consultations/case evaluations are usually done at no cost. Ask. If you don't know a PI lawyer we can recommend one as can your local bar association. Do not delay.

Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC PO Bx 984 Los Lunas, NM 87031-0984

Answered on: 2/06/03, 11:54 am by John Kubasch

I will be happy to assist you in determining whether there is any coverages for your accident. A lot depends upon where the accident took place. Was it at your house or someone else's? Is Allstate in the coverage on the vehicle you are working on? Please feel free to call me at 480-250-2718.

Thank you,

John

The Kubasch Law Group P.O. Box 15342 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-5342

Answered on: 2/06/03, 12:56 pm by Tom Stanley

I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience whle trying to help someone else. It is not unusual for an insurance company to say that they do not cover a certain event. Sometimes they are correct and sometimes they are not. It is difficult to tell you one way or the other without having more information about the incident and without seeing the policy in question. However, there may be other insurance companies that provide coverage for this loss. May be is the key words. For example, does the person you were helping have home owner's insurance that may come into play if you were working at someone's residence?

As you can see, it would be most helpful if you could provide more details regarding who, what, where, etc. You are welcome to send an email to tom@myazlawyer.com and I will try to answer your questions more thoroughly. Thank you for you question. Tom

The Law Offices Of Tom Stanley, PLC Post Office Box 2594 Chandler, AZ 85244-2594