Arizona  |  Business Law

I signed a relocation agreement with my organization in June of 2011 for two years. I accepted a position as a manager and relocated. Here is how the agreement reads:

1. If I voluntarily terminate my employment, or I am terminated for cause, on or before the expiration of 24 months from the effective date (as entered in my Human Resources payroll records) of my new position, I agree to repay X Company all relocation expenses advanced or paid on my behalf to others based on the following schedule.

However, I accepted another opportunity internally in September of 2011 for an Assistant Vice President which I believe would null and void this agreement since that agreement was for one job and not the one I am currently in.

How would a court deem this? I am considering going to another organization and want to see how this would be enforced?