Legal Question in Constitutional Law in Arizona

right to refuse service

I recently was ''let go'' from a golf course a month ago. It is a public county course. I am allowed to play golf but my ex boss has barred me from the restaurant area. Can she do that? She says I am a troublemaker because I went back after I was fired and tried to talk to one of the bartenders who I felt had lied and that was one of the reasons I was fired. I touched her arm to stop her at the door and she jerked away. She said ''I grabbed her''. So now I'm a troublemaker. I have been back several times to play golf but today I was not allowed to get a ''sandwich to go'' since I am banned from the restaurant area. Is this legal? Is there anything I can do to be allowed in......other than hoping time will mellow her (fat chance)!!

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

Re: right to refuse service

The manager can keep you out for any reason as long as it is not based upon illegal discrimination. The reasons you describe are legitimate even if you disagree with them.

More Constitutional Law questions and answers in Arizona