Arizona  |  Criminal Law

So here is a question that I have been pondering for some time now and will draw out a scenerio that would be probable

A resident of an apartment complex recieves permision from the manager of the complex to access the roof to repair a faulty satalite dish on the weekend.

The weekend arrives, the apartment managers office is closed and the resident goes to the roof to begin repairs.

An overly zealous tenant calls the police stating that someone is on the roof stealing copper from AC units.

Police arrive and signals the resident to come down from the roof and the resident complies.

HERE IS THE PART I'M STUCK ON

The police requests I.D. from the resident.

The Resident responds by stating that he has no I.D.

The police ask the resident for his full name and the resident complies

The police now ask for the residents date of birth.

The resident rufeses but offers a recent bill addressed to him to show that he lives at the complex.

(Under Arizona Law, A.R.S. 13-2412, it is only required that a citizen provides there full legal name only)

I know that the police are able to run a check for wants and warrants as they are public records and we assume the police do just this.

Now that the resident has identified himself and has shown reasonable proof that he lives there, there is nothing the police could charge him with. Correct???

From my understanding;

it is private property and the resident has shown proof that he does live there.

resident has provided full name required under the law.

the overly zealous tennant that called them is no where to be found to support a claim of vandalism/theft.

There is no evidence to support any claim of vandalism or theft of copper.

may question is then, am I correct in my understandings? there would be nothing more the police could do.