Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona


My daughter reported a domestic situation to 911 and they responded, My husband was taken into custody and charged with Domestic Violence with intent and Criminal damage. He spent the night in a jail and bond was posted. He has a hearing date set, if and when it comes to it do I have to testify against him.

Asked on 6/27/03, 2:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Otilia M. Díaz Law Office of Otilia M. Díaz
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: testifying

As a victim, you have many rights, including the right to NOT cooperate with the prosecution. However, you must appear and testify truthfully if you are lawfully served with a subpoena.

Though I have provided you with the major points, there is too much to cover via e-mail. I would be happy to discuss the issues more in-depth with you by phone or in-person. I offer a free, no-obligation, ½ hour consultation (telephonic or in-office) if you would like to discuss the matter in more detail. In addition, I would be happy to arrange a mutually suitable payment plan, should you choose to retain my services.

Call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my legal assistant, Brenda, (602) 255-0333, to schedule a free ½ hour in-office consultation. I wish you the best and look forward to talking with you.

/s/ Otilia M. Díaz, 637 North 3rd Avenue, Suite 8, Phoenix, AZ 85003, (602) 908-2133, (602) 253-4506 Fax, e-mail: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/28/03, 8:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now