Legal Question in Criminal Law in Arizona

testifying

My daughter reported a domestic situation to 911 and they responded, My husband was taken into custody and charged with Domestic Violence with intent and Criminal damage. He spent the night in a jail and bond was posted. He has a hearing date set, if and when it comes to it do I have to testify against him.

Otilia M. Díaz Law Office of Otilia M. Díaz

Re: testifying

As a victim, you have many rights, including the right to NOT cooperate with the prosecution. However, you must appear and testify truthfully if you are lawfully served with a subpoena.

Though I have provided you with the major points, there is too much to cover via e-mail. I would be happy to discuss the issues more in-depth with you by phone or in-person. I offer a free, no-obligation, ½ hour consultation (telephonic or in-office) if you would like to discuss the matter in more detail. In addition, I would be happy to arrange a mutually suitable payment plan, should you choose to retain my services.

Call me directly to discuss the specifics of your case, or contact my legal assistant, Brenda, (602) 255-0333, to schedule a free ½ hour in-office consultation. I wish you the best and look forward to talking with you.

/s/ Otilia M. Díaz, 637 North 3rd Avenue, Suite 8, Phoenix, AZ 85003, (602) 908-2133, (602) 253-4506 Fax, e-mail: otilia.diaz@azbar.org

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Arizona