Arizona  |  Family Law

Can a divorce default hearing be reopened

I got divorced in May 2012. It was ordered by the judge for me the petitoner to have the trailer's title in my name only. Yesterday I received a petiton in the mail stating that my ex wants to reopen the case for clarification on the trailer status. Is there something that I need to worry about?

Answered on: 7/20/12, 8:31 pm by Joyce Johnson-Stovall

Yes... at a minimum the paperwork needs to be reviewed to determine whether you should object to the request. Call us if you need help. Ask for Joyce 602 462 1004

Johnson Stovall and Associates PLLC 1204 E. Baseline Rd., Tempe, AZ 85283

Answered on: 7/24/12, 7:20 am by Rich Peters

If you do not completely agree with what she is requesting, or if her requests are vague, then you should absolutely file a response to her Motion, so the Judges knows YOUR position on the topic.

We can certainly help you consider and then pursue your optionsOne of our attorneys can explain the issues and procedures better in person. As you can imagine, there is too much to cover via email. We offer free 1/2 hour consultations, in which we can discuss your matter in detail.

Please call us directly to discuss the specifics of your matter, or contact my assistant Alicia or my paralegal Jennifer to schedule your free 1/2 hour consultation.

/s/Rich J. Peters

Attorney at Law

1422 N. 2nd Street Suite 100

Phoenix, Arizona 85004

(602)254-7251

Fax (602)254-1229

www.familylawaz.com

R.J. Peters & Assoc., P.C. 1422 N 2nd street Suite 100 Phoenix, AZ 85004