Arizona  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/02/03, 4:08 pm

Father filed for sole custody, mother not served yet

My boyfriend has filed for sole custody of his daughter. The mother has not been served yet but she knows. He is afraid she will leave the state before getting served. We put a stipulation in the filed papers that the mother cannot leave the state pending custody hearing. Will this hold if she has not been served? Also he is thinking of filing for emergency custody because the mother and child will not have a place to live within a couple of weeks. She plans to live in a tent on a campground. Can he file for emergency custody after he has filed custody papers? There is so much more about this case. Thank you for any help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search