Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Arizona

Car Liability

I did damage to my friends car (a $300 scratch) and worked to pay it off. He was insistent on immediate payment and threatened to sue me, even though he knew it was going to take time to pay him back. I paid him the $300 and he had well over a week to fix the car, but he got into a car accident on his own this past weekend. His insurance will cover the cost of the accident, but my question is is it wrong to ask for my $300 back considering he won't have to pay a dime of his own money to repair the car now or am I in the wrong because I originally did damage to his car?

STAN MASSAD MASSAD LAW FIRM, PLLC

Re: Car Liability

THESE ARE TWO SEPARATE INCIDENTS. YOU PAID FOR THE DAMAGE YOU DID. HIS INSURANCE COMPANY PROBABLY SHOULD BE NOTIFIED THAT THE SCRATCH WAS FROM A PRIOR ACCIDENT. IT DOES GO AGAINST HIS RECORD, MEANING THEY ARE GOING TO RAISE HIS INSURANCE RATES IF HE MAKES TOO MANY CLAIMS.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Arizona

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms