Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arizona

Is the Landlord responsible if a tenant falls off stairs and gets injured; due to no hand railing and wet ground due to the dripping of the AC unit which is located right over the stairs?

Leigh Anne Timiney Dyer & Ferris

I am very sorry to hear about this injury. Generally a landlord will be responsible for an injury such as this if the injured party can show that the landlord had a duty to keep the area where the injury occurred safe, well maintained and free of any hazards. I believe a hand rail is a requirement for a stairway in a property where there are tenants renting space. Additionally, the dripping A/C unit would most likely be considered a hazard. I would suggest you contact a personal injury attorney and at least seek a consultation. He or she will be able to hear all of the facts of your case and help you make a fully informed decision with respect to what your legal options may be at this point. Most personal injury attorneys offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee, meaning you have no out of pocket attorney fees and the attorney is paid once your case is resolved or settled. Handling a claim such as this on your own can be difficult and time consuming. You will be best served by having a professional on your side. Good luck to you.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arizona