Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Arizona

I have a $250K mortgage for a house that now has a value of $150K. What does the Arizona anti-deficiency law entitle the lender to do in the case of a strategic default?

Lance Davidson Lance S. Davidson, P.C.

Hi, my sympathies for your situation. The anti-deficiency statute limits a lender re. deficiencies, but there are loopholes and many realtors are unaware of them when advising real estate clients. Be mindful of the minefield in short sales. I recently won a case where a lender sought a deficiency judgment after a short sale, but many lenders are successful in pursuing deficiencies [the difference between the loan balance and the sales proceeds to pay off the loan].

Your issue may be time-sensitive and may result in loss of rights if you do not act timely. Thank you. Lance Davidson, www.CleverLegal.com, 480-860-9390

Disclaimer: This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only. It is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice and you should not rely upon it as more specificity in a consultation may reveal facts or other information which could change the result. You should consult an attorney for legal advice addressed to your individual situation.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Arizona