Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

My dad passed away. We had bennificary deed exemption B-12

Noterized & recorded, leaving me his home upon death. Also had will, Noterized only, leaving me hm. I am married, we want to keep home, my family still lives here. I was my dad caretaker, so not working now, only husband wrkn. Question is...What to do next? Do i add him on deed? Do i file warrenty deed. what kind? We want hm in both names. Did not do probate. His assests less than 50,000.00 & home transfered upon death wit exemption b12 code so was told no need for probate just afidaviate for vehicle..

Thanks Rhonda..srry alot quest..

Answered on: 6/19/13, 1:13 pm by Donald Scher

Just because you are married, you are not required to put your husband on the title. It is your inheritance from your father and, in general, it is best for you to keep ownership as your separate property (this would protect you in the event of a divorce or his death). There are ways you can protect him and give him the property if you want to do so, down the road and after you are certain that it is what you want to do, without any pressure from him. You should consult with an experienced attorney before taking action.

Donald T. Scher & Associates, P.C. 2200 E. Camelback Rd., #102 Phoenix, AZ 85255