Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/30/10, 11:35 pm

My mother is in the hospital after suffering a stroke. Her durable power of attorney and her medical power of attorney state that my brother is the "attorney in fact" or agent, and that if he is unwilling or unable to serve, I am the successor agent.

My question is this: I am with my mom in the hospital in Phoenix, my brother is in Montana and unable to be here. Can I legally sign the forms to admit her to an assisted living facility? Would that fall under him being unable to serve? Or do we need to send the forms for him to have them signed?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search