Arizona  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/28/13, 2:40 pm

Recently I have been served with small claims court paperwork. This paperwork was submitted by my son in law. In 2002 I opened up an account soley in my name for my grandchildrens college fund they are both under 13. My daughter and my son in law were aware that the account was soley in my name due to my son in laws gambling addiction. I deposit money of my own in this account every month for my grandchildren. I have received a couple of checks from other people for my grandchildren for birthdays and christmas last check was in 2008. Till this day I am still depositing money from my checking to this account for my grandchildren. Recently in the last 1-2 years I have had a falling out with my daughter. In the claim my son in law is requesting $1,000.00 from this account for the children. I am not sure where he is getting this amount from and need advise on how to proceeed with a response.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search