Legal Question in Personal Injury in Arkansas

My wife was in a car accident. She smacked her head very hard on the window and sustained a lump as well as a concussion, said the emergency room doctor after a cat scan.

Right after the accident, my wife drove away, confused about what just transpired due to the head trauma, sustained.

She was given a citation for leaving the scene of an accident, without the police ever trying to know the circumstances.

Basically my question is this: If a driver receives head trauma and suffers delirium, confusion and shock from a concussion and leaves the scene of the accident due to impaired judgement, should these charges be dropped in court if my wife delivers emergency room physical examination results? (Cat Scan, concussion diagnosis)

Brandon Moffitt Moffitt & Phillips, PLLC

It is possible that a court would not find your wife guilty on those facts. A visit with the prosecutor before court would be the best route to take.. to see of you can work it out.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Arkansas