Arkansas  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/30/06, 5:43 pm

Affidavit of Small Estate

My father-in-law passed away in June. At most, all of his personal belongings total $5,000 and the major items include a 10 year old mini van, an electric wheel chair and lift for the van, and finally a newer boat motor. He owned no real estate. Is it possible for my husband to file the Affidavit of Small Estate without the aid of an attorney? We just do not have the funds right now to pay and we would like to get the estate settled as soon as possible. Thanks for any help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search