Legal Question in Immigration Law in Brazil

I overstayed in USA(more the 1 year) before I got married to an USA citizen. That relationship (4 years and no green card) didn't work out (he was drunk all the time, to get things worse I got pregnant of my ex boyfriend and had a son). I decided to come back to Brazil (jun2009), so I filled out for my divorce and left USA. Later I received a letter saying that my I485 was denied (I think USCIS got the divorce papers from CA court) but not deportation mentioned on that letter. The father of my son decided to came with us. Now we are married and we are a family.Can we apply for a visitor/student visa and get a waiver for overstayed?We want to show where our son was born and maybe Iater I will finish my graduating in nursing school in usa or do a master after my graduation. It's possible?

Asked on 10/24/12, 11:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Caridad Cardinale Pastor & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Boa tarde,

Meu nome e Natalia Santanna e eu sou assistente legal na firma Pastor and Associates. Baseada na informacao da sua mensagem, voce e provavelmente elegivel para um perdao para nao-imigrantes (non-immigrant waiver). Isso vai depender se voce foi realmente deportada ou nao. Tambem e relevante se seu marido e cidadao brasileiro ou americano. Para um visto de estudante ou visitante, voce nao pode ter intencao de ficar nos Estados Unidos apos seus estudos ou visita terminarem (dual intent).

Por favor, nos envie um e-mail a [email protected] com sua informacao de contato e respondendo a pergunta se seu marido e cidadao americano, e entraremos em contato com voce. Podemos fazer uma consulta telefonica ou por e-mail gratis.


Natalia Santanna

Assistente Legal

Pastor & Associates

525 E. Big Beaver Road #206

Troy, Michigan


Read more
Answered on 10/24/12, 1:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Brazil

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now