California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/29/09, 12:56 am

On August 11, 09, my boyfriend and I had a domestic dispute. Anthony(boyfriend) called 911 to have me removed from his apartment. When the police arrived we were both on the floor and he was restraining me so that I would not hit him. I told the police that he hit me and that I was trying to defend myself. He called the police about ten minutes into the altercation. He did not want to hurt me so he held me down in an attempt to protect the both of us. I decided not to press charges and he obviously plead not guilty. So now I have to go to court as a witness. Is ther any way that i can go to court and take the blame away from him with out committing perjury?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/29/09, 3:55 am by Jacek W. Lentz

Your situation is not uncommon. In domestic violence cases, it is often the case that the victim wishes to change something about the statements already made. Unfortunately, as you probably already found out, it is no longer up to you whether your boyfriend will be prosecuted. I strongly urge you to discuss the situation and your options in a confidential consultation with a defense attorney. Feel free to give my office a call.

Jacek W. Lentz, Esq. 213.250.9200

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Jacek W. Lentz 1055 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1996 Los Angeles, CA 90017

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search