California  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/16/06, 11:33 am

Auto Accident


I was recently in an auto accident where I was broadsided by an unlicensed/unisured motorist who ran a red light and was at fault.

I have unisured motorist coverage of 100/300 thousand and 5 thousand med pay.

The at fault party has no means to pay for the accident they caused. I have no health insurance.

My insurance company has stopped paying medical bills because the 5 thousand med pay has been used.

It seems to me I have enough coverage of 100/300 K for unisured motorist property damage and bodily injury. But yet the insurance company will not honor this portion of the insurance they sold me. It appears that I have been paying for many years for insurance I cannot use.

My car was a total loss and that matter is settled now.

I cannot find a health care provider who is willing to place a lien on the claim.

Now I cannot finish the course of medical treatment without paying for this out of pocket. When I bought insurance for this very reason.

Any advice on this would greatly appreciated

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search