California  |  Insurance Law

CA insur question re community line fence

Fence blew down,insur says its 50% mine/50% neighbor,but they only paid 25%. talked to adjuster/still can't figure it out. Is there a rule in insur for CA that they only pay 25%?

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Answered on: 5/08/08, 3:11 pm by Jonathan Stein

Re: CA insur question re community line fence

The rule is simple: if it is on the line, then you get 50% and your neighbor gets 50%. You need to ask the adjuster to put in writing why they only paid 25%.

I have written about this on my website, www.calpiblog.com

Law Offices of Jonathan G. Stein 5050 Laguna Blvd, Suite 112-325 Elk Grove, CA 95758