California  |  Personal Injury

I like to know if you had a car accident and you have $57,000 worth of Dr. bills and they have not done any surgery which may be required from a broken bone and torrent cartridge. And there may have been some action puncture and epidural along with some MRI's and water therapy. Would that cost $57,000?

How much would the laywer and the Dr. beentitled to? Is there a way I can divide whatever the amount is paid for this accident and if I'm out of pocket on expensive how do I handle it? I am asked these questions because I want to do my homework to know that I'm not being cheated and taken advantage of. Thank you and I hope that you can answer all my questions I would truly appreciate it.

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Answered on: 4/12/12, 2:27 pm by Hong Shen

I am not a medical person so whether $57000 is reasonable depends on the doctor and procedure he uses. But considering this, a MRI could cost over $5000 without insurance. You can do the maths. An attorney typically get 25-40% in such a case. The rest will go to the doctor. Also consider you would have pain and suffering plus property damage that you may recover as well.

Roberts Law Group 5707 Corsa Ave. Westlake Village, CA 91362

Answered on: 4/12/12, 4:15 pm by Terry A. Nelson

If you are the injured party, plaintiff, your attorney fees are determined by your Retainer Agreement with the attorney, subject to negotiated agreement at the time of entering the relationship. Within a range of 25% to 50% for fees is normal, depending upon the case, and depending upon when during the process the case settles or whether it has to be tried. The further into it, the higher the percentage. The fees are taken from the full gross recovery, not the net.

Whether the bills are accurate or reasonable can not be assessed without thorough review by counsel and other medical experts. Plus, the defendant is going to determine for himself what he is willing to pay in settlement, no matter what you think it is worth. If tried, the jury will decide your fate.

If serious about hiring counsel to help in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Answered on: 4/12/12, 7:33 pm by Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq.

You asked this same question on Avvo and I will give you the same answer, get an attorney otherwise you will be low balled. We personal injury attorneys exist for a reason. Do you honestly think you will be able to get yourself what you are entitled to without an attorney?

My law firm handles car accident cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at http://www.thepersonalinjury.com . If you want to discuss your case, you may call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates 9909 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Suite #188 Chatsworth, CA 91311