California  |  Family Law

I have a child support hearing on August 30th. This was originally filed on May 13, 2011 to establish parentage, that issue has now been resolved as we took a court order paternity test and he was found to be the father. He wants no visitation or custody of my son. The only remaining issue is establishing child support and paying the uncovered medical costs of the pregnancy. My issue at this point is that the father is hiding his income. The I&E he filed even shows his expenses exceeding his income. For almost 2 years he has worked as a Gymnastics coach part time in minnesota (20-23 hours/week) at $13 an hour and works as a flooring installer at $15/hr with varying hours. The flooring jobs are completely paid under the table and he does not include that income on his taxes. I am looking to have his income "imputed" but I want to be sure I have everything needed to do this. I printed out his 08 tax return (only one I could find), names/address/phone number of three contractors he's working for, a print out of average salary for all jobs he's qualified for, and job listings on craigslist in his area. What are the chances that the judge will imputed his income? He has full custody of his other child and according to his Income report he doesn't even make minimum wage

Answered on: 8/09/11, 4:09 pm by Isi Mataele

It is hard to say but you present a good case. If you lose ask for a trial on the issue.

'Isi Mataele Attorney at Law 4660 La Jolla Village Drive Suite 500 San Diego, CA 92122