Legal Question in Family Law in California

My divorce agreement included a wage garnishments for child and spousal support. The garnishment for spousal support was supposed to end a few months ago. However, my employer continues to deduct it from my earnings and says they need a new wage garnishment order from the court in order to stop deducting it. They will not accept my marital settlement agreement as proof.

What forms do I need to file in order to have the spousal support deduction stopped per the terms of the agreement? I live in California.

Thank you!!

Asked on 12/31/09, 2:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brian Levy, Esq. Law Office of Brian Don Levy
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In a general sense, and based solely upon the information that you have provided, you would need to obtain an Amended Order Assigning Wages, and have it served upon your employer.

For a specific opinion regarding your individual circumstances, I suggest that you consult with an experienced family law lawyer. Experience is not expensive, it's priceless!

You will find some valuable information on various California family law issues by visiting my web site.

Good luck to you!

Brian Levy, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/10, 2:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now