Legal Question in Family Law in California

My divorce agreement included a wage garnishments for child and spousal support. The garnishment for spousal support was supposed to end a few months ago. However, my employer continues to deduct it from my earnings and says they need a new wage garnishment order from the court in order to stop deducting it. They will not accept my marital settlement agreement as proof.

What forms do I need to file in order to have the spousal support deduction stopped per the terms of the agreement? I live in California.

Thank you!!

Brian Levy, Esq. Law Office of Brian Don Levy

In a general sense, and based solely upon the information that you have provided, you would need to obtain an Amended Order Assigning Wages, and have it served upon your employer.

For a specific opinion regarding your individual circumstances, I suggest that you consult with an experienced family law lawyer. Experience is not expensive, it's priceless!

You will find some valuable information on various California family law issues by visiting my web site.

Good luck to you!

Brian Levy, Esq.

www.calattorney.com

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California