Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

ex-boyfriend makes threats of posting pornographic pictures on web

Ex-boyfriend threatens to post pornographic pictures on the internet. Pictures from 3 years ago. I don't remember pictures being taken. He keeps emailing and text messaging these threats. I have not spoken to him in almost a year. Current boyfriend told him to stop calling and emailing me, and this is what prompted the threats. He accuses me of spreading rumors about him, but I don't. I am going to be a doctor in 1 year, and this would hurt my reputation and my family.

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Daniel King Law Offices of Daniel King

Re: ex-boyfriend makes threats of posting pornographic pictures on web

Mr. Fernandez got it right on. Don't delay. If he violates a restraining order, (which you are likely to obtain under these circumstances), it won't be pretty for him. Save your e-mails, record all messages, and keep a log. you will need to use these for evidence at your hearing.

Feel free to call if you wish to discuss further. 818 587.9299

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

You need to get a restraining order against your ex. The order can bar him from contacting you and from distributing these photos (assuming they exist). If he violates the order he can be jailed.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss the option further.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You can file a complaint with the police, and you can seek a civil restraining order. You should probably do both. Contact me if interested in doing this right.

Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates

I agree with the other lawyers responses. I would first call the police and report the threats, harassment, and extortion. I would then go for a civil restraining order. If he does post the pictures you will then have a lawsuit for invasion of right of privacy and intentional infliction of emotional distress. Maybe a well drafted demand to cease and desist from a lawyer would also do the trick. You can find my contact information on this system or at www.norman-law.com

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California