Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Me and my friend were in a hit by a car and we hit a wall at 50 mph and the other driver fled the scene. Since the accident ive had back pain and my doctor said it might persist for for a few months to a year and ill have to keep going in for checkups. Instead of leaving my medical open for over a year waiting for all my medical expenses to be reimbursed would it be possible to just ask them for a settlement so i can close it and be done with it. I dont to really make money off this just cover all my appointments and medication over the next year or so

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

What you are hoping for sounds reasonable to the ordinary person, but in reality it doesn't happen. Insurance companies as a rule do not voluntarily pay for future medical expenses. If it hasn't happened yet, they call it "speculative" and deny the claim. The good news, however, is that you do not have to go out of pocket and get reimbursed. If you have a valid claim, then there are excellent doctors who will agree to treat you and hold off on the bills until the claim settles. That's called "treating on a lien," but the doctors will only agree to that if you are represented by an attorney. That way they can be sure the claim is valid and that they will in fact be paid. So what you need to do is hire a lawyer, which also does not cost you anything out of pocket, since the lawyer only gets paid at the end as well. If you'd like to talk about it further, give me a call at (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367)

Jeremy Hanson Law Offices of Jeremy K. Hanson

My office can help you with your case. Plus we are located in riverside too. Please call on Monday. The consultation is free and I will answer all of your questions.

ARMAN MOHEBAN LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN

Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

IF the at fault driver has insurance, you can make a demand for whatever you like in settlement. If they settle in some amount with you, good for you. If they won't settle, then you'll have to file suit against the driver. If the other driver has no insurance, you'll need to make a claim on your own Uninsured Motorist insurance on your car. If neither of you had insurance coverage, then you'll have to hope the at fault driver has income and assets sufficient to collect against if someday you ever get a court judgment. If there is insurance coverage, feel free to contact me for the legal help you need.

Geoff Morris The Morris Law Group

You have a couple of options available to you to insure that you get the proper medical care without costing you any out of pocket expense. I offices in Riverside too. Feel free to call me for a free consultation. 951-680-1182

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California