Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Hi,

I HAD A CAR ACCIDENT WHEN I WAS RIDDING BIKE.THE POLICE OFFICER SAID:"THE ACCIDENT Happened BECAUSE OF THE HIGH SPEED OF CAR.AND THE CAR IS Guilty. BUT THE CLAIM REPRESENTATIVE( Insurance Agent)SAID:"WE will pay only 30 percent OF damage"

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

I'M A STUDENT IN UCSD.

THANKS

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

If your injuries are serious, you should hire an attorney right away. Call me toll-free at (877) LION FOR LAW (546-6367)

Yosi Yahoudai Javaheri & Yahoudai

Hello,

I would be more than happy to give you a free consultation and provide you with any help I may have. We are a personal injury law firm that exclusively handles cases just like yours. Please give me a call at (877) 735-7035 to discuss your case. In the meantime, you can learn more about our firm at www.toppersonalinjurylawyers.com. Thank you.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

Either settle or sue, those are your options. If you have substantial medical expenses from injuries in this collision, you would be well advised to hire an attorney to try to get full value on your case. Insurance companies seldom will settle for full value without the pressure of litigation, and certainly not if you are pro per. If the police report confirms your claims, then you should be able to overcome the current problem with the adjuster. If serious about doing this, feel free to contact me.

ARMAN MOHEBAN LAW OFFICES OF ARMAN MOHEBAN

It is not up to a claim adjuster to determine the percentage of fault. Generally it takes an expert opinion most likely an accident reconstruction expert to determine liability. However, expert witness can be expensive and is worth retaining if you have serious injuries. Feel free to call us at 213.388.7070 for a free consultation.

Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates

My law firm handles bicycle accident cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at http://www.thepersonalinjury.com . Our office gives free consultations over the phone 24 hours a day at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

If you were not injured but only seek to recover money for the value of the bicycle, you might go to small claims court. Usually, the police report is not considered evidence, because it's the officer's opinion -- after the fact -- of what happened. But it should give you contact information of witnesses whom you should require to show up at trial to give his/her version of what happened and, in small claims court, the rules of evidence are relaxed so the judge might take a look at the police report. Good luck!

David Makkabi Law Offices of David F. Makkabi

Typically a police report will be based on all of the evidence and statements made at the scene of the accident. As I am sure you know, the police officer will conclude with why the other party is at fault. Based on your question, it is difficult to give any advice without knowing more facts. I suggest you discuss your case with an attorney.

Our office has handled several cases in San Diego and I welcome you to call us for a free consultation. Best of luck!

Roy Kohler Law Offices of Roy Kohler

Apparently quite a few lawyers want your case. I have successfully represented people injured by a car while riding a bicycle. The insurance claims adjuster will often change their tune once an attorney is involved.

My office is in Mission Valley, San Diego. Just give me a call to discuss:

Roy Kohler (619) 442-0042

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California