Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

there was a ledge in the driveway I tripped and fell and hurt both knees and my elbow are they liable?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

A "ledge" by itself will not automatically make them liable. The fact that it was their property will not automatically make them liable.

I need more information. If you have a photo of the "ledge," that would be best. Please email it to me at michael@thelionslaw.com and I will get right back to you with my opinion.

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

WARNING: DO NOT POST YOUR RESPONSES TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW ON LAWGURU AS THEY ARE ATTORNEY/CLIENT PRIVILEGE. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHETHER OR NOT YOU RETAIN MY SERVICES. AT SOME POINT, THE DEFENDANT MIGHT FIND YOUR RESPONSES ON THE INTERNET AND AS A RESULT, YOUR CASE CAN BE HARMED!

Why were you on driveway? Is the driveway residential, commercial, or government? Is there a prior history of others tripping on the same ledge? What time was it when you tripped? Generally, is the ledge visible, even though you, yourself didn't see it, or did you notice at any earlier time? How high is the ledge? Where is the ledge located on the driveway? Was the driveway wet or dry? Was there construction where you fell? What type of terrain is surrounding the driveway? Is the driveway new, or old? Did you report your injury to the owner of the driveway? Who took you to the doctor? How old are you? Do you wear glasses? Do you have any vision problems? Were you on drugs and/or alcohol at the moment you fell? Did you go to the ER after the fall? Did they draw blood? Are you male or female? Do you have any disabilities that might make you prone to falling? Have you ever fallen in the past? Do you have any prior lawsuits from falling? Car accidents, work-related accidents? What were you wearing at the moment of the fall?

The above are just a few questions we lawyers need to know with regards to trip and fall cases. Please feel free to contact me at 1.877.505.INJURY, or go to my website at www.lupofflaw.com to learn about my services, or, email me at dlupoff4law@aol.com.

Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates

My law firm handles slip and fall / trip and fall cases all over the state of California. You can read about these cases at http://www.slip-and-fall.net. Our office gives free consultations over the phone 24 hours a day at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California