California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/15/11, 3:18 pm

My Mother was served with an Order to Show Cause for me to appear at mediation next Thursday before Christmas with my Exhusband/Father to my two children. Court is January 10, 2012 and my questions are: 1. Can they legally serve my Mother? 2. She was served on Dec. 12 for mediation on the Dec 22 but I did not get the paperwork until today, December 15, 1 week before mediation. How am I to reply with such short notice prior to the mediation date? 3. What do I do to postpone the mediation date?

Not employed at this time and have no funds for an attorney.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search