California  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/21/13, 10:05 am

I have small collections agency here in California. Recently, we collected 5K from a suspended corporation, which is obviously still transacting business. We took the payment by phone and now they're claiming foul play; citing that they only authorized a payment $500. Unfortunately, I discovered it was a processing error on our part. They still owe my client 12k and if I don't refund the money what legal recourse might they have?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search