California  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/27/08, 5:13 pm

walk away from mortage

I am not sure if I need a real estate attorney or a bankruptcy attorney. I bought the house 4 years ago and I am current with my mortage and my credit is good.. but I owe $300,000.00 and the house is worth $171,000.00 I am not looking at any large purchases in the next several years. I have made the decision to do a deed in liue but I wanted to talk to an attorney to find out how.

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/27/08, 6:09 pm by Jonathan Stein

Re: walk away from mortage

You need an attorney who handles mortgage modifications. You can call my office for a consultation.

As seen in Business Week:

Good luck.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Jonathan G. Stein 5050 Laguna Blvd, Suite 112-325 Elk Grove, CA 95758

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search