Legal Question in Disability Law in California

I have a question regarding my overpayment for my family leave. Around 2005 I have an overpayment of almost $2,000 up to $ 2,500 but since I was unemployed and my husband passed away now the payment was increase to $ 5,989.60 which include interest and penalty I would like to make a portion payment but not to the extend that I will pay the penalty and interest is there something I could do or could you help me settle it with them that I could make a monthly payment of $100.00 and waive all the ineterest and penalty as I cannot afford to pay accumulated interest and penalty and I don't have no permanent job and as you know a lot of people are experiencing financial crisis now adays.

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You can contact them and try to negotiate a reasonable payment plan and settlement. It is up to them what they will accept. Be persuasive about your limited ability.

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in California