California  |  Disability Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/25/13, 11:33 am

I have a question regarding my overpayment for my family leave. Around 2005 I have an overpayment of almost $2,000 up to $ 2,500 but since I was unemployed and my husband passed away now the payment was increase to $ 5,989.60 which include interest and penalty I would like to make a portion payment but not to the extend that I will pay the penalty and interest is there something I could do or could you help me settle it with them that I could make a monthly payment of $100.00 and waive all the ineterest and penalty as I cannot afford to pay accumulated interest and penalty and I don't have no permanent job and as you know a lot of people are experiencing financial crisis now adays.

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/25/13, 12:16 pm by Terry A. Nelson

You can contact them and try to negotiate a reasonable payment plan and settlement. It is up to them what they will accept. Be persuasive about your limited ability.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Nelson & Lawless 18685 Main St., #175 Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search